LAMP online workshop - Language Acquisition through Motor Planning
In collaboration with Liberator, ATANZ is excited to host
LAMP Language Acquisition through Motor Planning presented by Leanna Fox
Registrations - Closed
Registrations for this event are now closed as we have reached capacity.
Date: Friday, 29 Oct 2021 from 9-4pm via Zoom (this event will not be recorded)
LAMP is an augmentative alternative communication (AAC) approach designed to give individuals who are nonverbal a method of independently and spontaneously expressing themselves through a speech generating device.
The online course will cover the components of the LAMP approach:
- readiness to learn, engaging the learner through joint engagement, and
- learning language through a unique and consistent motor plan paired with an auditory signal and a natural consequence.
Discussion will include how this approach addresses the core language challenges of autism, which device features that are beneficial to teaching language, and how to use those features to implement LAMP components.
Videos will be used to illustrate the treatment components.
This replicates day 1 of the full 2 day LAMP training. Attendance at this workshop will allow you to register for the 2nd day of LAMP training once face-to-face delivery become possible again.
At the end of this 6 hour online course, participants will be able to:
- Define the role of readiness to learn and shared focus in the implementation of AAC with children with Autism
- Explain the importance of using motor patterning to develop motor automaticity for children with ASD who use AAC
- Examine the use of a form/function profile as well as an interest inventory for use with children with ASD
- Discuss implementation strategies for teaching children with ASD to use AAC
Who can attend?
This event is targeted at professionals working with people who use AAC. However, it is appropriate for anyone who is keenly interested in learning more about LAMP, or who is already using the LAMP approach.
Attendees may be parents, carers, therapists or educators, who have some knowledge of and interest in AAC.
You do not need to have a device running LAMP Words for Life App for this workshop.
- Earlybird fee, SOLD OUT
- $200 ATANZ members
- $230 non-ATANZ members
- $150 student clinicians
- Whānau rate
- $50 Whānau
- Group discounts of 10% for 5+ people within the same workplace
- For groups of 5+ email after registering your group and we can organise the 10% off
Zoom link will be sent to all registered participants on the 28th.
Leanna Fox is a Speech-Language Pathologist with almost 20 year’s experience supporting people who have complex communication needs to participate fully in all aspects of life. Trained in a variety of Speech Pathology intervention techniques most recently she has been delivering Language Acquisition through Motor Planning (LAMP) workshops across Australia while maintaining a caseload of people who use AAC. This photo was taken upon the last LAMP NZ trip!
|Event Date||29-10-2021 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||29-10-2021 4:00 pm|
|Cut off date||27-10-2021 11:00 pm|
|Individual Price||Sold out - email us if you want to be added to the waitlist|