PODD Introductory Workshop Auckland- 2 Days
PODD Introductory Workshop - SOLD OUT
presented by Speech Language Therapists
and Helen Bayldon
Location: Auckland (for Christchurch, register here)
Dates: Monday 28 & Tuesday 29 Sept 2020
Time: 9 am registration (for 9:30 start) to 5pm
Venue: Seminar room, Central Auckland Specialist School, 48 Smallfield Avenue, Mount Roskill
$450 ATANZ member (remember to sign in to the website as a member for this price)
$550 non-ATANZ member
$270 for families (limit of 5 spaces for family prices)
Registrations closed because the event is sold out!
Please note that the course will be run differently to previous courses due to international travel restrictions. Gayle will be presenting live through video conferencing but participants will gather together to access the resources and content. Due to the change in format, a smaller limit on the number of participants for each venue has been and we are following all of the official level 2 guidelines
- Supporting the child and communication partners to efficiently move between levels (pages) to locate vocabulary they require.
- Speed to access vocabulary to produce messages.
- Quicker access to predictable messages and access to a broad range of vocabulary for spontaneous, unpredicted messages.
- Describe the challenges faced by professionals creating communication systems in terms of vocabulary organisation, layout, design, range of access strategies and customizing for individual requirements.
- Discuss the features of a PODD communication system in terms of vocabulary organization, layout, design, range of access strategies and customizing for individual requirements.
- Use PODD generic template resources to produce customised communication books.
- Discuss the teaching and learning strategies for implementing PODD communication systems with students and team members.
- Teach children and partners to use PODD communication books in daily environments.
|Event Date||28-09-2020 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||29-09-2020 5:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||18-08-2020|
|Cut off date||08-09-2020|
|Individual Price||Sold out|
|Location||CASS (Central Auckland Special School)|