PODD Introductory Workshop Christchurch- 2 Days
PODD Introductory Workshop - 2 days
presented by Speech Language Therapists
and Helen Bayldon
Location: Christchurch Workshop (For Auckland workshop, register here)
Date: Monday 5 & Tuesday 6 Oct 2020
Time: 9 am registration (for 9:30 start) to 5pm
Venue: Ground floor, Ministry of Education, Te Uruti, 48 Hereford Street, Christchurch
$450 ATANZ member
$550 non-ATANZ member
$270 for families (limit of 5 spaces for family prices - email us to request)
Registrations close 17 Sept or when sold out – places are limited to 20 participants due to the format of the course.
Please note that the course will be run differently to previous courses due to international travel restrictions. Gayle will be presenting live through video conferencing but participants will gather together to access the resources and content. Due to the change in format, a smaller limit on the number of participants for each venue has been set.
- Supporting the child and communication partners to efficiently move between levels (pages) to locate vocabulary they require.
- Speed to access vocabulary to produce messages.
- Quicker access to predictable messages and access to a broad range of vocabulary for spontaneous, unpredicted messages.
- Describe the challenges faced by professionals creating communication systems in terms of vocabulary organisation, layout, design, range of access strategies and customizing for individual requirements.
- Discuss the features of a PODD communication system in terms of vocabulary organization, layout, design, range of access strategies and customizing for individual requirements.
- Use PODD generic template resources to produce customised communication books.
- Discuss the teaching and learning strategies for implementing PODD communication systems with students and team members.
- Teach children and partners to use PODD communication books in daily environments.
Gayle Porter is a Speech Pathologist with over 30 years hands on experience working with people with complex communication needs. Gayle lectures both locally and internationally about Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) and Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Displays (PODD). Gayle currently works at the Cerebral Palsy Education Centre and has a private practice working with both children and teenagers with complex communication needs in their local schools. Gayle is the co-author of “Integrating Augmentation and Alternative Communication into Principles of Conductive Education”. She also contributed a chapter to the book "Communication Without Speech" (Bloomberg & Johnson 1991). Gayle is a highly sought after international presenter.
|Event Date||05-10-2020 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||06-10-2020 5:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||18-08-2020|
|Cut off date||17-09-2020 11:55 pm|
|Individual Price||Please select when you register|