CANCELLED Smartbox 2020 in Auckland
CANCELLED - unfortunately this event has been cancelled due to travel disruptions caused by COVID-19 (novel coronavirus). Individual emails will be sent to everyone who has registered up until now and no further registrations will be taken. We will work with Smartbox in order to see if this event could be run later this year in person or as a webinar - please continue to check our website, Facebook page or Instagram page for updates.
UPDATE: Due to the lower numbers than expected, DTSL and Smartbox are shortening the day as it will not take as long to go through the tools with smaller groups. The sessions will now run from 9-12. Morning tea will still be provided. ATANZ will contact people who have already registered to discuss.
DTSL-Assistive Technology in association with ATANZ are pleased to host Kerry and Nick from Smartbox.
They will be in New Zealand in 2020!
Session outline: How to use Grid 3 and Grid for iPad with a wide range of AAC learners
• Learn about Core vocabulary – what is core and why does it benefit AAC learners
• Get an introduction to the Simple AAC framework – a tool you can use to support learners developing their AAC and Introduction to Look to Read
• Explore vocabularies available in Grid 3 and Grid for iPad including Super Core, PODD, Word Power and Text Talker and then spend time exploring Grid
• Learn how to use the find word tool
• See examples of classroom resources created in Grid
|Event Date||20-11-2020 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||21-11-2020 12:00 pm|
|Individual Price||ATANZ member: $50 Non-ATANZ member: $80 Student: $25 Parent/caregiver: $25|
|Location||CASS (Central Auckland Special School)|